Experienced Yerington Lawyers Provide Passionate Criminal Defense
Skilled defense counsel focuses on protecting your rights after an arrest
If you are arrested, you have a right to due process. But without an experienced and determined criminal defense lawyer at your side, it is virtually impossible for the process to treat you fairly. At the Johnston Law Offices, P.C., our first priority in any criminal case is to protect the rights of the accused. That means safeguarding your right to remain silent, to be free from compulsion to make statements against your interest, to have access to the evidence against you, and to know who the witnesses against you are. You also have the right to be charged or released, for your bail to be reasonable, and to have a speedy trial before a jury of your peers. Of course, all of these rights could be trampled if you don’t exercise your essential right to counsel. If you’re arrested, demand to speak to an attorney. And to ensure your attorney has the experience and skill to manage your case effectively, make sure you speak to the Johnston Law Offices in Yerington.
Vigorous defense to a wide variety of state and federal charges
An effective defense starts with a knowledgeable and determined defense lawyer. Brad Johnston served as a Lyon County Public Defender, representing hundreds of defendants in felony cases and zealously advocating on their behalf. Today, Brad defends clients throughout western Nevada on a range of charges, which include:
- DUI/DWI — A conviction for driving under the influence comes with steep penalties: license suspension, jail time, fines and fees, and higher insurance premiums. However, a determined defense can sometimes uncover problems with police procedures that undermine the prosecution’s case. But even when the facts are against you, an experienced attorney can often improve the outcome in terms of severity of punishment.
- Drug crimes — We manage the full range of state and federal misdemeanor and felony drug charges, including possession, possession with intent, and trafficking. Prosecutors have the burden of proving possession involved “knowing,” so there are defenses based on what you knew or didn’t know, as well as whether you had “control” over the substance. We explore every possible avenue that could rebut charges or reduce your consequences.
- Domestic violence — An allegation of domestic violence can seriously damage your reputation, and you can lose your rights even before charges are proven. We provide aggressive defenses for persons targeted by restraining orders to restore their rights and reputation. If allegations of domestic violence lead to criminal charges, we maintain a vigorous defense, working toward the best possible resolution for you and your family.
- Sex crimes — There are many sexual offenses for which you can be imprisoned, fined, and forced to register as a sex offender, including rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, lewdness, and internet crimes against children. We provide experienced and steadfast representation to protect our clients from severe consequences.
- Violent crimes — Crimes against persons carry some of the toughest penalties. If you are charged with assault, battery, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, armed robbery, unlawful restraint, kidnapping, manslaughter or homicide, you can be confident in our experience, our skill, and our determination to advocate strongly on your behalf.
In every case we undertake, we work to protect your due process rights, investigate the facts of your case thoroughly, and assemble all available exculpatory evidence, as we work to deliver the best possible results.
Contact our Yerington law firm for determined criminal defense representation
The Johnston Law Offices, P.C. is passionate about providing vigorous criminal defense representation to clients facing misdemeanor and felony charges. To schedule a consultation with an experienced trial lawyer, call 775-463-9500 or contact our Yerington office online. We are conveniently located at 22 State Route 208 in the heart of town.